/etc/apt/sources.list add lines of type
deb ftp://debian.sh.cvut.cz/debian/ testing main contrib non-free deb-src ftp://debian.sh.cvut.cz/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
/etc/modprobe.d/aliases change line
alias net-pf-10 ipv6
alias net-pf-10 off
dpkg-reconfigure kdm and chose the right one or manually change file
/usr/srcand unpacked resulting in
linux-xxxdir a run
make menuconfig to configure the kernel. I did it many times, so I can't remeber what exactly I chose.
First I had to clean previous compilation (otherwise the recompilation didn't take affect, but on the other hand it deleted everything already compiled, so the next compilation took long time again).
Before inslation I removed the previous kernel package.
apt-get remove kernel-image-xxx
The instalation of package
dpkg -i kernel-image-xxx.deb
This led into correct
/boot and correctly modified
/boot/grub/menu.lst, but the kernel was still unbootable, see point d).
make modules_install make install
This leads into correct
/boot/grub/menu.lst must be modified manually.
mkinitrd -o /boot/initrd-xxx /lib/modules/xxx
and in grub configuration file
/boot/grub/menu.lst add line for the new kernel
And the it worked
Having installed my kernel I downloaded the driver from NVidia page. Then I ran
and that was it. Actually, I had to remove
nvidia framebuffer from kernel first. The
/etc/X11/XF86… has to be modified according to the NVidia readme. And I encountered problems with glx module which I haven't solved yet
The key I use, has FAT fs. It can be mounted by a single root command
mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbkey
(the destination directory
/mnt/usbkey must be created before). Or a more convenient way is to add following line to
/dev/sda1 /mnt/usbkey vfat users,fmask=111 0 0
Then every user (done by
users parameter) can mount (unmount) the key by
fmask parameter is negative octal chmod parameter (applied on regular files only). Here, 111 means that nobody will have permisions to execute any file.
My /etc/network/interfaces now reads
iface eth0 inet static address 184.108.40.206 netmask 255.255.255.0 hwaddress ether 12:34:56:78:90:AB
It is a home configuration, where I'm not connected to internet. Therefore the
static (internet version is with
dhcp instead). For full explanation see
MPlayer-…/debian/directory and edited file
rules. The original
./configure …line was replaced by
./configure –prefix=/usr –confdir=/etc/mplayer –disable-runtime-cpudetection –enable-menu –enable-gui –language=cz
The first two parameters are original debian, the last four mine (taken from the first google result of
mplayer �esky). Debian package is created by
fakeroot debian/rules binary
MPlayer-… directory. Finally, the package is installed by
dpkg -i ….
~/.mplayerand there directories
fontand configuration file
config. To the skin directory I moved all unpacked skins and made a symlink
defaultpointing to one of the skins. The unpacked arial fonts were moved to the
fontdirectory and I added following row to the
font = /home/kaspi/.mplayer/font/font-arial-18-iso-8859-2/font.desc Fonts in windows cp1250 coding can be recoded to 8859-2 by
recode ms-ee..l2 file.sub
(thanks to Olda)
identity, root_cert(to the cacert.pem),
/etc/rcS.d. The xsupplicant must be started before
networkinga therefore a renamed the xsupplicant link to
(thanks to Olda) As root I ran
apt-get install alsa-base alsa-utils alsa-oss alsaconf
Then I adjusted settings with
alsamixer. Then I changed sound configuration for KDE. I chose ALSA and I enabled
full duplex (because of Skype).