Institut de Physique Theorique
Orme des Merisiers, Bat. 774, p.c. 136
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
Tel. (to my office): +33 1 69 08 81 14
Office number in IPhT: 123
The most reliable way to contact me:
- ERC Starting Grant SMiLe funded Postdoctoral position opening in my group in
IPhT, CEA Saclay (starting 2019, probably fall) on Statistical mechanics
of neural networks and models for machine learning. Interested candidates are welcome to
contact me with their CV.
- Master internship and/or PhD openings in my group in
IPhT, CEA Saclay on topics related to Statistical mechanics
of algorithms, neural networks, models for machine learning,
computational phase transitions. Interested candidates are welcome to
contact me with their CV.
Events not to be missed:
- August 20 - 31, 2018, I co-organize a 2nd edition of 'Spin Glass and
Beyond' in Cargese. This years focus is Statistical Physics and
Machine Learning back together.
- September 30 - October 5, 2018, I co-organize
Spin Glasses and Related Topics
in Banff, Alberta (with D. Panchenko, A. Auffinger, and W.-K. Chen).
- October 8 - 10, 2018, I co-organize
Physics Next: Machine Learning
Eastern Long Island, NY (with G. Carleo and editors of APS journals).
- February 11 - 15 2019, I co-organize a
At the crossroad of physics and machine learning
in KITP, Santa Barbara (with G. Carleo, K. Cranmer, and R. Yu).
Members of Zdeborová's group in IPhT
- Antoine Baker: Postdoc.
- Sebastian Goldt: Postdoc.
- Stefano Sarao: 1st year PhD student.
- Benjamin Aubin: 1st year PhD student.
- Fabrizio Antenucci: Postdoc.
- Andre Manoel: Postdoc (joint with B. Thirion, Neurospin).
- Christian Schmidt: 3nd year PhD student.
- Thibault Lesieur, PhD 2014-2017, currently postdoc La
- Christophe Schulke, PhD 2013-2016, currently Philips
- Francesco Caltagirone, postdoc 2012-2014, currently
reseacher at Huawei, France.
- Yingying Xu, visiting PhD student in
postdoc in Aalto University, Finland.
- Nils-Eric Guenther, Master student 2015, currently
PhD in photonics, Barcelona, Spain.
- Richard Morris (joint with M. Barthelemy),
2011-2013, currently postdoc in Bangalore, India.
- Jared Lolli, Master student 2011, currently PhD in
Some Recent and Older News
- In today's digital era some of the talks and lectures I gave are
- I am proud that in 2016 the Philippe Meyer Institute of ENS Paris awarded me the Philippe Meyer prize in theoretical physics
- I am proud that in 2014, CNRS awarded me the bronze medal
. Related to that I was asked
some interviews and this is my favorite one.
I work for the CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique) in the IPhT (Institut de Physique Theorique), of CEA in Saclay, France.
Do you want to see my full cv from August 2017? Download a pdf here.